Virtual Care at UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial
We now offer a virtual visit option, which means you may call your provider directly to discuss your basic care needs, or to complete a primary care or wellness visit. This safe and efficient option allows your provider to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications over the phone. Please note that virtual visits are now covered by all medical insurance plans.
If you would like to schedule a virtual visit with your provider, please call 855-826-3878.
PLEASE NOTE: To protect patients, staff and the community, patients at all UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial outpatient and urgent aid centers may have only one person with them who is providing transportation and assistance. Additionally, no visitors are being allowed at Ingalls Memorial Hospital.
UChicago Medicine at Ingalls - Flossmoor offers quick and convenient specialty and primary care for the whole family. Our teams care for children, teens, adults and senior citizens who need annual wellness exams, school physicals, immunizations, injury treatment or help managing chronic illnesses, including diabetes. We also provide on-site lab testing, X-rays, mammography, lung cancer screening, rehabilitation services, and echo and stress testing.
To directly contact specific areas:
- Family Medicine, Endocrinology and Nephrology Suite 2000: 708-915-3100
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Suite 3000: 773-702-1465
- Orthopaedics Suite 1400: 708-647-7565
- Otolaryngology (ENT) Suite 2350: 708-798-0200
- Pediatrics Suite 2500 (Child Life Center): 708-799-7600
Our 24-hour walk-in urgent aid center addresses the need for fast, efficient, quality lower-level emergency care in the South Suburbs — seven days a week. Learn more about our urgent aid centers in Flossmoor, Tinley Park and Calumet City
Book an Appointment Online (powered by InQuicker)
UChicago Medicine at Ingalls - Flossmoor offers the convenience of online booking for the services below as well as Urgent Aid, Primary Care and other specialty services. For additional services you can access our online scheduling system or fill out our Request an Appointment form.
Free parking is available on site.
- Family Medicine
- Nephrology (Kidney Disease)
- Hematology and Oncology (Cancer)
- Cardiology (Heart Care)
- Emergency Medicine
- Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
- Hepatology (Liver Disease)
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Occupational Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Pain Management
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sleep Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Women's Health
- Aetna POS
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Coventry Health Plan PPO
- Great West PPO
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
Whether you need outpatient lab work or are staying in the hospital for inpatient services, UChicago Medicine provides the most comprehensive lab services available anywhere.
The laboratory is equipped with the latest, computerized instrumentation for quick and accurate inpatient and outpatient testing, enabling our skilled team of medical technologists to effectively process nearly a million lab tests annually.
- Nuclear medicine
Cancer & Non-Cancer Infusion Services
In addition to the infusion services utilized by cancer patients, all other patients who require infusion therapy can receive state-of-the-art care provided by skilled professionals in a comfortable environment that includes pillows and warmed blankets, free wireless Internet service, individual TVs and convenient free parking in all locations.
Dozens of conditions from anemia to ulcerative colitis require that medication be administered by infusion therapy.
Infusion services include:
- Blood transfusions
- IV antibiotic therapies
- Hydration/electrolyte replacement
- Cardiac infusions
- Procrit, Epogen and Neulasta subcutaneous injections
- Antipsychotic medication therapies and much more
Therapies are offered for individuals affected by:
- Anklyosing spondylitis
- Autoimmune disorders
- Crohn’s disease
- Chronic gout
- Hunter syndrome/MPS II
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Iron deficiencies
- Multiple sclerosis
- Paget’s disease
- Post-herpetic neuralgia
- Plaque psoriasis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Substance dependency
- Ulcerative colitis
- Wegener’s granulomatosis
All sites also offer an on-site lab and pharmacy, and assistance with billing and insurance verification questions.
Direct access testing allows individuals to request laboratory tests and receive results without a physician's order or insurance involvement. Test results are confidential and given only to the patient, and can be available for pickup the next day or mailed. Patients must have a photo I.D. is order to pick up test results.
Adult patients may request their own testing and a parent or legal guardians may also request testing on their children under the age of 18. Most lab tests will not require any special instructions, however, if any instructions are necessary, patients will be told prior to their appointment.
If you have questions about a particular laboratory test or would like to make an appointment, please call our Wellness Center at 708-915-8850.
Ingalls Diabetes and Wellness Center can partner with you to prevent or manage type 2 diabetes, and assist you to reach your nutrition and exercise goals.
If you have been diagnosed with (or have warning signs of) pre-diabetes or diabetes, the Ingalls Diabetes and Wellness Center located at UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial - Flossmoor can partner with you to implement a care plan focused on lifestyle changes to prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes or help you to meet your target blood sugars.
We have an expert team of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists who serve as an essential part of any diabetes healthcare team. Our specialists deliver evidence-based diabetes self-management education and support services to help people live well with diabetes, and help prevent or delay the onset of diabetes. Additionally, we offer a Registered Dietitian and a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist to help manage your wellness plan of care.
Services currently provided: Physician referral required. Outpatient appointments covered by most insurance companies, including telehealth nutrition services.
- Virtual Nutrition Counseling – Provision of nutritional care using a virtual platform including video conferencing, email and audio. One-on-one nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian is ideal for anyone seeking to adopt a healthier lifestyle through proper nutrition and successful weight management.
- Virtual Diabetes Management – Provision of diabetes care using a virtual platform including video conferencing, email and audio. Learn how to plan meals, snacks, monitor blood sugars, medication management, and physical activity management.
- Virtual Solutions Class – One-on-one nutritional counseling for those considering weight loss surgery. Solutions class includes 1-hour initial assessment with a registered dietitian plus monthly classes spanning over 6 months focusing on proper nutrition and successful weight loss.
Call 708-915-8850 for more information.
We are dedicated to helping patients through the transplant evaluation process, closer to home. Our expert transplant care team offers liver transplant evaluation at this location for people who prefer not to travel to our main campus.
What is Liver Transplant Evaluation?
The liver transplant evaluation process begins at the time an individual is identified as a liver transplant candidate and continues until the time the individual is placed on the waiting list.
The liver evaluation process involves having tests, procedures and visits with liver transplant team members. All of the consultations, tests and procedures will help us to know if a transplant is the right treatment for you. It will also help us to know if you are well enough to have transplant surgery.