Stacy Tessler Lindau, MD, MA, focuses on patient care, research, education and advocacy related to the health of aging women and urban populations. Dr. Lindau is the director of the Program in Integrative Sexual Medicine (PRISM), a program that provides care for and studies female sexual function in the context of aging and common illnesses. Most of Dr. Lindau's patients have sexual health concerns caused by cancer or its treatment.
A respected physician scientist, Dr. Lindau has a master's degree in public policy from the University of Chicago. In addition to the study of female aging and sexuality, her laboratory focuses on urban population health improvement and fairness in health care.
Dr. Lindau is the director of the South Side Health and Vitality Studies (SSHVS) at the University of Chicago Urban Health Initiative. SSHVS works to create and spread knowledge that people and communities can use to sustain excellent health and vitality. The Studies include MAPSCorps, the Comer Children's Hospital Food Pantry and Food Security Project, the South Side Health and Technology Study, and CommunityRx. CommunityRx, supported by a 2012 Healthcare Innovation Award from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, leverages health information technologies to link people and places to improve individual health and grow community vitality.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Memberships & Medical Societies
- Society for Gynecologic Investigation
- Society for Sex Therapy and Research
- International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease
- International Society for the Study of Women~s Sexual Health
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Geriatrics Society
- Scientific Network on Female Sexual Health and Cancer
- Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- University of Chicago Medicine
News & ResearchView Published Papers
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
Our list of accepted insurance providers is subject to change at any time. You should contact your insurance company to confirm UChicago Medicine participates in their network before scheduling your appointment. If your insurance company is not listed here, or if you have any other questions, please contact Managed.Care@uchospitals.edu.
Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine (DCAM) - Hyde Park
To Refer a PatientRefer a Patient
At The Forefront Live: Menopause, Cancer & Sex
Gynecologists Stacy Tessler Lindau, MD, and Monica Christmas, MD, spoke with us in an honest conversation about menopause, sexual function as one ages, and how cancer can affect one's sex life.
Sex and Cancer Part 1 with Dr. Stacy Lindau: Things You're Too Embarrassed to Ask a Doctor
Things You’re Too Embarrassed To Ask A Doctor is UChicago Medicine’s podcast dedicated to answering some of the most searched medical questions on the Internet. This episode, gynecologist Stacy Lindau, MD, explains how many people living with cancer can have healthy, satisfying sex.