Admissions, Referrals & Consultations
Contact UCM Physician Connect
Call 1-800-824-2282 for a direct link to University of Chicago Medicine specialists. UCM Physician Connect is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The staff will assist you by connecting you with the appropriate expert for your needs.
Eligible physicians may use CareLink to review their patients' medical information, place referral orders and communicate with UChicago Medicine providers.
For licensed doctors, we offer UCM Physician Connect — your direct link to University of Chicago faculty physicians and expert assistance with referrals, admissions and consultations.
Contact us at 1-800-824-2282
These numbers give you an efficient connection to UChicago Medicine doctors in virtually any subspecialty. UCM Physician Connect is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The staff can connect you with the appropriate expert—saving you time, and helping to avoid multiple transfers.
Doctors can use UCM Physician Connect for:
Admission & Outpatient AppointmentsOur staff is experienced in coordinating urgent and elective admissions and appointments in our hospitals and clinics. To start the admitting process, have the patient's name, gender, date of birth, social security number, mother's maiden name, home address and diagnosis ready when you call UCM Physician Connect. We'll complete the admitting process for you.
Patient Transfers & TransportsUCM Physician Connect staff will help you coordinate with the attending physician, admission services, and, if needed the University of Chicago Aeromedical Network. Staff specialists may also assist you in arranging transportation to the University of Chicago medical campus if it is needed. Learn more about the UChicago Medicine Transfer Center.
Physician-to-Physician ConsultationsThe next time you need a physician-to-physician consult, call UCM Physician Connect for assistance during every stage of patient care, from diagnosis to discharge to home care.
Grand Rounds, CMEs & Clinical Trial InformationUCM Physician Connect can schedule speakers and reservations for Grand Rounds and Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs, as well as provide clinical trial information. The staff can provide the sources of information regarding current clinical trials, Grand Rounds, CME courses and speakers in your area of interest. Courses are held at the University of Chicago, downtown Chicago, suburbs and elsewhere upon request.
CareLink is a web-based Epic application designed to give external or affiliated providers whose patients also receive medical care at UChicago Medicine, view-only access to a patient's Epic electronic medical record.
With CareLink, providers can:
- Review medical records for their patients who also seek medical care at the UChicago Medicine, ensuring coordination and continuity of care.
- Place referral requests, or submit laboratory and imaging orders for patients they have referred.
- Communicate securely with UChicago Medicine providers regarding coordination of patient care.
Providers may request access to CareLink by having your site contact submit the forms below to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please contact UChicago CareLink support by phone at 855-826-3882 or email at email@example.com.
CareLink User Request Form (PDF)
CareLink Agreement Form (PDF)
Anesthesia & Critical Care: 773-702-0364
Emergency Medicine: 773-702-6250
Gastroenterology & Nutrition: 773-702-6140
Infectious Diseases & Travel Clinic: 773-834-1443
Internal Medicine: 773-702-0240
Obstetrics & Gynecology: 773-702-6118
- Hematopathology: 773-702-6196
- Surgical Pathology: 773-702-6163
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine: 773-702-9660
- Breast: 773-834-7032
- Cardiac and Thoracic: 773-702-2500
- General: 773-834-3524
- Neurosurgery: 773-702-2123
- Ophthalmology: 773-702-3937
- Orthopaedic: 773-702-6144
- Otolaryngology: 773-702-1865
- Pediatric: 773-702-6175
- Plastic and Reconstructive: 773-702-6302
- Transplant: 773-702-4500
- Urology: 773-702-1860
- Vascular: 773-702-6128
Allergy & Immunology: 773-702-5452
Developmental Pediatrics: 773-702-3095
Emergency Medicine: 773-702-6249
Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition: 773-702-6418
- Comer Center for Children and Specialty Care: 773-702-6169
- Friend Family Health Center: 773-702-0660
Infectious Diseases: 773-702-3853
Perinatal Center: 773-702-3733
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine: 773-702-6178
Sports Medicine: 773-702-0003
- Cardiac Surgery: 773-702-2500
- General Surgery: 773-702-6175
- Neurosurgery: 773-702-2475
- Ophthalmology: 773-702-2124
- Orthopaedic Surgery: 773-702-5992
- Otolaryngology: 773-702-4790
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: 312-335-9566
- Transplant Surgery/Kidney: 773-702-6104
- Urology: 773-702-6150