The University of Chicago Medicine Physician Relations team works to build meaningful relationships with referring physicians by understanding physicians' needs and addressing concerns. We also expedite access to specialists and services at UChicago Medicine and Comer Children's Hospital, serving as a collaborative bridge between you, your office staff, and our multidisciplinary physician teams. Committed to collaboration, our specialists facilitate the types of services that referring physicians are able to provide patients.
Your dedicated physician relations advocate acts as a complete resource and offers easy access to all clinical programs at the University of Chicago Medicine by facilitating:
- Patient referrals and consults with board-certified specialists and multi-disciplinary teams at UChicago Medicine
- Timely communications regarding referred patients
- Scheduled visits to inform the practice of new programs, physicians, clinical trials and upcoming events at the UChicago Medicine, including meetings with University of Chicago specialists in your office and at your convenience
- Educational programs within the practice and/or grand rounds, including Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
- Regular follow-up communication with you and office staff to ensure an exceptional experience
University of Chicago Medicine faculty can provide Continuing Medical Education to community hospitals and physicians in metropolitan Chicago and Northwest Indiana. Our Physician Relations Team coordinates this comprehensive program, which can meet any specific educational needs you might have. We now provide CME lectures directly to physician offices, with CME credit provided by the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Amber Schmillen, Executive Director
Demetria Avant, Sr. Associate
Keka Cole, Sr. Associate
Ortho/MSK & Post-Acute
Brooke Hernandez, Sr. Associate
Women’s & Children’s
Steven Mauk, Sr. Associate
Heart & Vascular, Transplant & Digestive Disease