The pharmacy team at UChicago Medicine works in collaboration with our referring physicians to provide you with the safest, most effective care. Pharmacists provide education services and lab monitoring, and we are on site to come to your infusion appointment to answer any questions. We also work closely with our precertification team to coordinate insurance authorizations and enrollment in copay assistance programs. Our goals it to provide you with the safest and most cost-effective care.
Nursing Care in the Infusion Suite
Our highly trained staff nurses at UChicago Medicine work closely with referring physicians to ensure quality care and to meet the needs of patients and their families. All staff nurses are certified in CPR and skilled IV insertions, accessing implanted ports and maintaining central venous lines.
Nursing infusion services are available 6 days a week at the Infusion Center Monday-Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
UChicago Medicine Infusion Center
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who work in coordination with your doctors to provide specialty care under one healthcare system
- Private infusion chairs with a flat screen television, wireless internet and blanket warmers
- Snacks and meals available for ordering
- Lab services at your appointment
- Convenient parking
- On-site pharmacy with access to a full range of medications
- Pharmacist available at any time to answer medication questions or to coordinate cost assistance