UChicago Medicine Medical Group is comprised of UCM Care Network Medical Group, Inc. and Primary Healthcare Associates, S.C. UChicago Medicine Medical Group physicians are not employees or agents of The University of Chicago Medical Center, The University of Chicago or UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial.
Dr. Rahmani completed a family medicine residency at Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago, and received his medical degree at Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in Downers Grove, IL. He completed his undergraduate studies at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN, and earned a master’s degree in biomedical sciences from Midwestern University.
Dr. Rahmani was born at Ingalls Hospital and is the son of well-known endocrinologist Akbar Rahmani, M.D., and brother of Dr. Solmaz Rahmani. When he’s not seeing patients, Dr. Rahmani enjoys a variety of sports and physical activities, including bicycling, and rides up to 60 miles a week.
As a family practitioner, Dr. Rahmani has the skills and knowledge to care for adolescent and adult patients. His areas of special interest and expertise include the treatment of diabetes, thyroid disorders, sports medicine and preventing sports injuries, osteoarthritis, nutrition and weight loss, and overall preventive care.
- Family Medicine
- Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Swedish Hospital
- Swedish Hospital
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
Our list of accepted insurance providers is subject to change at any time. You should contact your insurance company to confirm UChicago Medicine participates in their network before scheduling your appointment. If your insurance company is not listed here, or if you have any other questions, please contact Managed.Care@uchospitals.edu.