Our adult neuropsychological services provide comprehensive assessments for adult patients with cognitive or neuropsychiatric impairments.
Clinical neuropsychology is dedicated to understanding the relationship between brain and behavior, particularly as applied to the diagnosis of brain disorders, assessment of cognitive and behavioral functioning and the design of effective treatment.
Neuropsychological assessment involves a systematic evaluation of higher cognitive abilities, with standardized testing of domains such as intelligence, academic skill, memory, language, attention, problem-solving abilities and visual motor skills as well as sensorimotor function and personality. A comprehensive report summarizing our findings, including recommendations for potential treatments and the likely consequences of the patient's difficulties in daily functioning, is prepared for the referring physician. A feedback session with the patient and family can also be provided.
We provide assessment and treatment recommendations for a wide variety of neurological and psychiatric conditions, including:
- Alterations in mental status associated with various medical conditions, such as metabolic disorders, HIV infection, cardiac complications, liver disease, toxic exposures, lupus, sickle cell and neurofibromatosis
- Attention-deficit disorders
- Cognitive and emotional effects of various neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis (MS), brain tumors and Parkinson’s disease
- Developmental disorders
- Differential diagnosis of suspected cognitive decline in elderly patients
- Effects of traumatic brain injury
- Learning disorders
- Suspected memory problems
- Various psychiatric conditions
No-Cost, Confidential Assessment & Referrals
In order to quickly respond to your needs, a trained mental health professional is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can make an appointment by calling:
- Ingalls Memorial at 708-915-6411
- UChicago Medicine at 1-888-824-0200
Our assessment and referral staff assesses each individual to determine his or her behavioral health needs and makes referrals based on those needs.
You can also make an appointment with our providers by:
– Scheduling a virtual video visit to see a provider from the comfort of your home
– Requesting an online second opinion from our specialists
To speak to someone directly, please call 1-888-824-0200. If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, please call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately.
* Required Field