Geriatric Psychiatry Program
Our Geropsychiatry Program specializes in the evaluation and treatment of older adults.
Our clinicians conduct comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and develop individualized treatment plans based on current, evidenced-based therapies.
We assess common psychiatric problems in the elderly in a complete biopsychosocial manner, including:
- Memory problems
- Sleep disturbance and disorders
- Substance use disorders
Treatment is typically carried out in the outpatient setting, but inpatient hospitalization is available if appropriate. A full array of ancillary medical and neurological assessments is available where necessary.
Treatment may include:
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Individual and family therapy
- Pharmacologic therapy
No-Cost, Confidential Assessment & Referrals
In order to quickly respond to your needs, a trained mental health professional is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can make an appointment by calling:
- Ingalls Memorial at 708-915-6411
- UChicago Medicine at 1-888-824-0200
Our assessment and referral staff assesses each individual to determine his or her behavioral health needs and makes referrals based on those needs.
Chicago, IL 60637 1-888-824-0200
You can also make an appointment with our providers by:
– Scheduling a virtual video visit to see a provider from the comfort of your home
– Requesting an online second opinion from our specialists
– Filling out an online questionnaire (e-visit) to get a same-day diagnosis and treatment for common conditions.
To speak to someone directly, please call 1-888-824-0200. If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, please call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately.
* Required Field
Read more about psychiatry and psychology
Masks are worn for a lot of reasons: for disguise, for protection or for entertainment. Believe it or not, we all wear masks to cover our feelings from time to time.