Equipped with private delivery suites, two large natural birthing suites and state-of-the-art operating rooms, the Family Birth Center was designed to optimize your comfort, safety and options as you welcome your newest loved one.
Childbirth is a distinctly unique experience for every woman, newborn and family. Even in the most optimal circumstances, there are some parts of the experience that can be controlled to a certain extent, while other factors simply cannot be predicted or controlled. And, that's okay.
At our Family Birth Center, we work hard to:
- Help you fully understand your options, including potential alternatives
- Understand your medical and environmental preferences in pain management, labor support, birthing options and postpartum care
- Create a healthy and nurturing environment that optimally supports your customized childbirth experience
Do I Need a Birth Plan?
As you prepare to give birth, certain preferences may be more — or less — important to you. Whether or not you choose to document your preferences in a birth plan is your choice. If you decide to do so, we are happy to discuss it with you. With or without a birth plan, our team of experts will do everything possible to understand and support the healthy childbirth experience you envision for your family.
Things to Consider for Your Childbirth Experience
Most importantly, we encourage you to discuss your questions, preferences and concerns with your obstetrician, midwife or both. With open communication, our team will be prepared to uphold your expectations as best we can in terms of:
- Breastfeeding support
- Bonding with your newborn, including skin-to-skin, rooming in and delayed umbilical cord clamping
- Labor pain management options
- Labor support, including participation of doulas, family and guests
- Midwife support
- Natural childbirth choices, such as epidural alternatives, hormone-free cervical ripening, avoiding episiotomy and more
- Vaginal or cesarean delivery (C-section), including vaginal birth after C-section (TOLAC/VBAC)