Our Spiritual Care Team
Our chaplains are clinically trained spiritual care providers who specialize in spiritual and emotional care and providing support to patients and their families. They pay attention to each person’s individual needs and remain sensitive to differences in culture, race, religion or faith tradition and sexual orientation.
- What Our Spiritual Team Does
- Listen compassionately without judgment
- Provide spiritual and emotional support
- Support you through care planning and decision making
- Pray with and for you, your family and your friends
- Conduct bedside visits during hospital stays
- Provide support for families during surgery
- Assist you in honoring your faith practices, rituals and sacraments
- Participate in family conferences
- Serve as liaison with community clergy and faith communities
- Provide crisis intervention and bereavement support
Our chapels are place of peace and solitude, and can be found at the following hospitals:
- Mitchell Hospital: 2nd Floor
- Center of Care of Discovery: 7th Floor
- Comer Children’s Hospital: 1st Floor
We have weekly services open to staff, patients and family
- Catholic Mass, Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at the Mitchell Hospital Chapel
- Jummah Prayer, Fridays at 12 noon, H103 (Near Goldblatt Lobby)
We Are Available for You
Chaplains offer spiritual, emotional and religious support 24 hours a day, seven days a week for patients and family members. Our clinically trained chaplains are available to support both inpatients and outpatients. Devotional material, sacraments, rosaries, electrical Sabbath candles, and prayer rugs are available upon request. Resources in the local community can be called upon to meet further special needs.
If you would like to speak with a chaplain, please call (773) 702-1000 and have the operator page a chaplain at7008 and they will return your call promptly.