And I really enjoyed meeting with patients in their hospital beds, really hearing their stories, listening to what they were going through with their medical illnesses, and it really compelled me to want to be a physician. University of Chicago Medicine is my first and only position I've had since I finished my training.
I really enjoy collaborating with all the subspecialists here. We work hand-in-hand to really identify the care needs of every single patient and to really identify what they need in order to improve their health and well-being. My philosophy of care is, really, to tailor the care plan to the individualized patient.
So for example, if somebody coming in, and they have a lot of medications on their medication list, I'm really going to seek and find out, do they really need all those medications? What's the safest way I can provide care to them? My training involves comprehensive care management with a very inclusive care team.
I work in my clinic with geriatric social workers, nurse practitioners. We have a pharmacist on site, a physical therapist. We have a memory disorders clinic. It's very comprehensive. And because we work in team-based care, we're able to really meet the needs of every single one of our patients.
In addition to her clinical responsibilities, Dr. Levine is a dedicated educator. Under her leadership, fellows learn how to recognize and effectively manage pain, as well as how to foster important conversations about prognosis during end-of-life care.
Dr. Levine has contributed to leading textbooks on the role of palliative medicine in chronic illnesses. She also serves as a reviewer for several prominent scientific journals, including Journal of Hospital Medicine and American Journal of Medicine.
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Memberships & Medical Societies
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Illinois Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Chicago End-Of-Life Care Coalition
- American Geriatrics Society
- Rush University Medical College
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- University of Chicago Medicine; Mount Sinai Hospital
News & ResearchView Published Papers
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
Our list of accepted insurance providers is subject to change at any time. You should contact your insurance company to confirm UChicago Medicine participates in their network before scheduling your appointment. If your insurance company is not listed here, or if you have any other questions, please contact Managed.Care@uchospitals.edu.
A primary care doctor provides preventive care, basic treatment options and education when there's questions or concerns about health. Our experts in caring for children, adults and the elderly offer insights and answer questions.Watch Video Watch Video With Transcript