Dr. Baig has worked on community-based participatory research projects to improve healthcare delivery to Latinx communities in partnership with faith-based organizations in Los Angeles and Chicago. Her main research interest is in the use of community-based interventions to improve Latinx diabetes disparities. She is currently leading research on diabetes group visits to improve care among patients who receive care in community health centers in Chicago and across the Midwest.
Dr. Baig was a U.S. Fulbright Scholar in Colombia, South America, where she gave seminars on community-based research methods and conducted research on the healthcare response to female victims of interpersonal violence.
She has won awards for her community service and research, including the Chicago Foundation for Women “Breaking Barriers in Health and Wellness” Award, the Taller de Jose “Companion Award,” the University of Chicago Faculty Award for Distinguished Community Service and Advocacy, and the Midwest Society of General Internal Medicine Award for Community Service and Advocacy. She is currently the President of the Midwest Society of General Internal Medicine and past co-president of BRIDGE (the Behavioral Research in Diabetes Group Exchange) Dr. Baig has been an editorial board member for the Journal of General Internal Medicine, has been a consultant to the Agency for Healthcare and Research Quality, and an invited grant reviewer at National Institutes of Health.
A gifted medical educator, Dr. Baig has been honored as a Fellow of the Academy of Distinguished Medical Educators and teaches trainees in the inpatient and outpatient setting. She is a Co-Track Leader for Community Health for the Scholarship and Discovery Program at the Pritzker School of Medicine.
- Internal Medicine
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- Michigan Medicine
- Michigan Medicine
- University of California Los Angeles Health
News & ResearchView Published Papers
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
Our list of accepted insurance providers is subject to change at any time. You should contact your insurance company to confirm UChicago Medicine participates in their network before scheduling your appointment. If your insurance company is not listed here, or if you have any other questions, please contact Managed.Care@uchospitals.edu.
To Request an Appointment
Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine (DCAM) - Hyde Park
To Refer a PatientRefer a Patient