Childbirth is a very personal experience for the entire family. Whether you are thinking about having a baby or already pregnant, the Family Birth Center at the University of Chicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial offers a comprehensive maternity program and variety of services for mother, baby and the whole family.
Comfortable Maternity Suites
Our maternity suites are available to support you during this exciting time in your life. We offer comprehensive services, experienced staff, state-of-the-art equipment and attractive suites that will help make your birthing experience one that you and your family will cherish. Our 23 private birthing suites feature all the comforts of home, including televisions, sleeper sofas for baby's dad or support person to spend the night, large showers, soft lighting, plush furnishings and a glider to rock baby to sleep.
Your Care Team
At UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial, obstetricians and pediatricians work hand-in-hand with many other specialists including anesthesiologists, dietitians, physical and occupational therapists, respiratory specialists, social workers and certified lactation consultants to assist with breastfeeding.
High-Level Perinatal Care
UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is home to a Level 2 nursery that offers advanced neonatal care. This distinction recognizes the advanced monitoring equipment and technology used in our nursery and the special training our staff has completed in everything from ventilator support to how to care for high-risk newborns. Our birthing unit also includes two state-of-the-art surgical suites for cesarean deliveries, conveniently located just down the hall from the maternity suites.
Classes & Resources
- Our highly trained nurses offer prenatal classes and a maternity suites tour designed to help you and your loved ones prepare for your little one's arrival.
- We offer Taking Care of Mom and Baby, a book created by our staff, as our gift to every mom who delivers at UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial. In this book, you'll find helpful answers about infant care in those first important days.
- The Healthy Baby Network is a community outreach program designed to coordinate prenatal care, education and social services for pregnant women.
- Aetna POS
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Coventry Health Plan PPO
- Great West PPO
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
Welcome to Ingalls Memorial
Welcome to UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial where our top priority is to provide an excellent birthing experience. Our team is available to support you during this exciting time in your life.
We offer comprehensive service, experienced staff, state-of-the-art equipment and attractive suites that help make your birthing experience one that you and your family will cherish forever.
Our Expert Team
Our team consists of obstetricians, 24-hour anesthesiologists, pediatricians, neonatologist, neo-nurse practitioners, nurses, OB techs, unit secretaries, respiratory therapists and certified lactation counselors.
Our 23 private birthing suites feature all the comforts of home, including televisions, sleeper sofas, large showers, soft lighting, plush furnishings and a glider to rock baby to sleep.
Our operating and recovery rooms are equipped with state of the art technology to welcome your new bundle of joy.
Special Care Nursery
Our entire Special Care Nursery staff is here to make sure your baby receives excellent care needed for growth, development and bonding.