In the University of Chicago Medicine Migraine Headache Clinic, patients learn how to modify their lifestyle and living environment to suppress migraine development. Richard P. Kraig, MD, PhD, director of the clinic, aims to empower patients by coaching them to:
- Identify "triggers" that may initiate the onset of a migraine headache
- Learn activities and behaviors that reduce their risk of experiencing a migraine
- Anticipate an episode in time for prevention
- Adopt coping methods for pain reduction when a migraine does occur
An expert in migraine care, Dr. Kraig conducts evaluations to determine the most appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan for each individual. He is an advocate for neuropreventative health education— teaching physical, mental and social activities that help the brain protect itself against neurological disorders. Dr. Kraig's individualized treatment plans may incorporate medication to supplement this approach. If needed, UChicago Medicine specialists in pain management and physical therapy may assist in treatment.
Request an Appointment
You can also make an appointment with our providers by:
– Scheduling a virtual video visit to see a provider from the comfort of your home
– Requesting an online second opinion from our specialists
– Filling out an online questionnaire (e-visit) to get a same-day diagnosis and treatment for common conditions.
To speak to someone directly, please call 1-773-702-6222. If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, please call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately.
* Required Field