As with many cancers, treatment options vary by the stage of the bladder cancer and the overall health of the patient.
At the University of Chicago Medicine, our multidisciplinary team of medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists and pathologists partner with you in order to recommend the right treatment strategy. Our physicians take the time to thoroughly explain each treatment option to empower you to take an active role in your health. We are committed to delivering comprehensive, compassionate care to every patient.
We offer a range of treatment options, which include:
Localized, Non-Muscular Bladder Cancer Treatment
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT)
- Intravesical immunotherapy
- Intravesical chemotherapy
- Novel intravesical therapy trials
- Innovative intravesical delivery systems
- Active monitoring for recurrent bladder cancer
- Radical cystectomy
- Radiation therapy/bladder preservation
- Radiation therapy
- Clinical trials
Get a Second Opinion
Participate in a Bladder Cancer Clinical Trial
Request an Appointment for Cancer Care
– Schedule a virtual video visit to see a provider from the comfort of your home
– Newly diagnosed patients can schedule a 15-minute introductory Express Expert Cancer Opinion virtual session at no cost
– Request an online second opinion from our specialists
To speak to someone directly, please call 1-855-702-8222. If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, please call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately.
For Referring Physicians
To refer a patient for cancer care, please call UCM Physician Connect at 1-800-824-2282.
* Required Field