UChicago Medicine offers same day surgery services at two community locations. Our goal is to make your brief visit with us as comfortable and convenient as possible with personal care, convenience, expertise and professional quality.
Because we specialize in outpatient surgery, our centers are designed with your comfort in mind. Our technology is state-of-the-art and our experienced outpatient specialists are dedicated to making sure that you are prepared for your surgery.
Our outpatient surgery locations feature dozen specialties and sub-specialties, and some of our outpatient procedures include:
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Arthroscopic procedures of the knee, shoulder, wrist, ankle, elbow and finger; ACL and PCL repair, carpal tunnel surgery, foot procedures
- Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat) - Ear tubes, sinus surgery, tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy
- Ophthalmology - Cataract surgery, occuloplastics, laser therapy for glaucoma
- Podiatry - Bunionectomy, hammer toe correction, ankle arthroscopy
- Cosmetic Surgery - Reconstructive and cosmetic breast augmentation, facelift, tummy tuck
- Pain Management - Epidural steroid injections, joint injections, facet injections, nerve root ablation
- Gynecological Surgery/Women’s Health - Diagnosis, tubal ligation, dilation and curettage (D&C), hysteroscopy, bladder repair, laparoscopic procedures
- Gastroenterology – colonoscopies and esophagogastroduodenoscopys (ECDs)
- General Surgery - Laparoscopic and open hernia repair procedures, lumpectomy, port-a-cath insertion/removal
- Urology - Cystoscopy, vasectomy, bladder biopsy, circumcision, lithotripsy
- Oral Maxillofacial Surgery - Repair of facial fractures, removal of cysts in sinus structures, removal of impacted teeth, dental restorative procedures