We welcome the opportunity to provide a second opinion on your diagnosis or treatment plan. University of Chicago Medicine cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and vascular surgeons are truly at the forefront of medicine. We can offer you treatment options that are not widely available at most hospitals.
Visit Our Experts in Person
To speed up the appointment process, please gather the following information before you call:
- Your contact information including home address, email address and phone numbers (home, cell, work)
- Current diagnosis and information about any treatment you've already received.
- Your referring cardiologist's information including name, address and phone number
- Your primary care physician’s information (if it’s different from your referring physician or specialist's information) including name, address and phone number
- Your health insurance information including name on the policy, employer of policy holder, policy number, birth date of policy holder, insurance subscriber ID and your insurance company’s customer service/provider inquiry phone number
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
To request a second opinion with a cardiologist, please call 1-888-824-0200.
To request a second opinion with a cardiac surgeon, please call 773-702-2500.
To request a second opinion with a vascular surgeon, please call 1-888-824-0200.
Receive a Second Opinion Online
You can receive a second opinion without leaving home through our remote second opinion service.