How to get tested for COVID-19
- You must be screened before your test by calling our COVID-19 triage hotline at 773-702-2800 or logging in to your MyChart account to complete a virtual screening.
- The healthcare provider who is on the triage line or who reviews your virtual screening will determine if you should schedule an appointment to be tested at a curbside testing clinic.
- You can schedule your curbside testing appointment on the phone or through your MyChart account.
You may be tested if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. These include: fever, cough, stuffy nose, difficulty breathing, body aches, new loss of sense of smell or taste, fatigue, headache, sore throat, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea.
Curbside testing is not available without an appointment. Drive-up swab collection visits typically take several minutes to complete. You will receive information on how to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms after your visit and will get a follow-up phone call with your test results in 1-2 days.
COVID-19 Testing at UChicago Medicine (Hyde Park and Orland Park)
Testing is available to patients of any age. Limited curbside blood work/laboratory services are also available to current patients at Orland Park.
Please note, hours may vary based on demand.
- Telephone Triage Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- E-Visit Hours: You will receive a response within one hour if the questionnaire is submitted between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Otherwise, you will receive a reply by 9 a.m. the following day.
- Hyde Park Testing Clinic Hours: Monday – Saturday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Orland Park Testing Clinic Hours:
|Monday||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
COVID-19 Testing at Ingalls Memorial (Harvey, Calumet City, Flossmoor and Tinley Park)
Testing is available to adults only.
- Telephone Triage Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3: 30 p.m.
- Harvey Testing Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3: 15 p.m.
- Calumet City Testing Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Flossmoor Testing Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Tinley Park Testing Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Please Note: Telephone triage and COVID testing hours and days are subject to change on holidays.
Coronavirus Patient Resources
The following information is for patients who have been seen virtually through a MyChart e-visit or have been screened in our RN telehealth call center.
Patients are being categorized into three levels:
- Green status (low risk)
- Yellow status (medium risk)
- Red status (high risk)
- Patients who are categorized as red status are the most serious and require emergent care
- Managing Your Health At Home When You Have a Viral Illness (Green Status Packet)
- You May Have a Viral Illness or COVID-19 (Yellow Status Packet)
- Precautions for Viral Illness or COVID-19 (At Home Instructions for Caregivers)
COVID-19 Testing Billing Information
To our valued patients: We are all facing challenging times during this COVID-19 pandemic. We understand and are empathetic to the financial hardships our patients may be facing. We would like to encourage our patients to call us at 844-843-3594 (option 2) to ask about increased flexibility regarding payment plans or to inquire about our financial assistance options during this stressful time.
With the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, the federal government has eliminated patient cost sharing for certain COVID-19 testing-related services, including the associated physician visit, E-visit, or emergency department services, until the end of the public health emergency. This means that you will not receive a bill from UCMC or pay anything out of pocket when these services are provided. This does NOT mean that insurance companies would not be responsible for paying whatever is covered under your policy. Therefore, we still require you to provide your insurance information when receiving COVID-19 testing-related services.
YOU WILL NOT BE EXPECTED TO PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR ANY COVID-19 TESTING-RELATED SERVICES FOR WHICH COST SHARING IS WAIVED.
We recommend that if you have been tested for COVID-19 and have questions regarding your specific benefits, contact your insurance company to get an explanation of your coverage. If you have received a bill related to COVID-19 testing and you have questions, please call us at 844-843-3594 (option 2). Thank you for your patience.