Specialized Care for Orthopaedic Trauma
When you have a traumatic or severe injury, you need a team you can trust to evaluate your wounds and create a treatment plan.
The University of Chicago Medicine is a pediatric and adult Level I trauma center. With our extensive orthopaedic surgery training, we deliver very specialized and comprehensive fracture care — providing exceptional treatment for even the most complex orthopaedic issues.
Orthopaedic Trauma Conditions We Treat
Orthopaedic trauma specialists at UChicago Medicine offer treatment for a full range of orthopaedic injuries, including:
- Calcaneus Fractures (Heel Fractures)
- Complications of Fractures
Dislocations of Extremities
Femur and Tibial Fractures
Fractures of the Lower Extremity
- Fractures of the Upper Extremity
- Hip Fractures
- Humerus Fractures
- Minimally Invasive Fracture Fixation
- Osteomyelitis (Infection)
Pelvic and Acetabular Fractures
Periarticular Fractures (Joint Fractures)
- Shoulder Fractures
Tailored Orthopaedic Trauma Treatments
Our orthopaedic surgeons take pride in every aspect of your care. When we treat a patient in our trauma center, we always provide:
- Follow-up care and information to help you throughout the healing process
- Orthopaedic experts who specialize in surgeries that address a wide range of injuries from trauma
- The latest technologies and diagnostic techniques
- Tailored patient treatments and therapies
Telemedicine at UChicago Medicine
Save time by skipping the trip to the doctor's office and video conference with your provider instead. Video visits are a secure, quick, and convenient way to connect with your doctor and other members of your care team.
Whether you are facing a complex health issue or difficult treatment decision, getting a second opinion can help you make an informed decision about your care. Get an online second opinion from one of our experts without having to leave home.