Vaccine distribution will be a large-scale national effort that will take many months to complete. Healthcare personnel, particularly those with direct patient care roles, will most likely be among the first to have the vaccine offered to them. Our medical center has been preparing so that when the vaccine(s) become available, we will be able to provide timely access to our healthcare workers.
A MyChart account will be used to provide you notifications and details about vaccination. Important information about how to set up MyChart accounts will be shared and we will provide additional enrollment support to help people activate MyChart accounts if they do not already have one.
More information about our vaccination program rollout will be shared in future HICS messages, on the intranet and on our website.
- Vaccine 101
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- UCMC & BSD Employee Vaccination Logistics
- Download the MyChart App
- Employee Consent for COVID-19 Vaccination
- CDC’s V-Safe app website, which employees will need to download and use to track side effects after receiving their vaccines and get reminders about their second dose/booster
- CDC's V-Safe flyer
- CDC’S Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report on the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ interim recommendation for use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Pfizer fact sheet for recipients and caregivers
- Pfizer fact sheet for vaccination providers
- FDA press release granting emergency use authorization to Pfizer vaccine
- New England Journal of Medicine phase 2/3 study results for Pfizer vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine basics: CDC guide explaining what healthcare personnel need to know
- Tips for the healthcare team: CDC guide for building confidence in patients about the COVID-19 vaccine
- UChicago Library COVID-19 vaccine information page