We understand that taking care of your loved ones is more difficult with schools, daycares and other support services suspended.
UChicago Medicine is working with partners across Chicagoland to provide affordable and convenient options for childcare, elder care and pet care for all employees.
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care
Below is a summary of benefits now available through our partnership with Bright Horizons®, a trusted provider of child and family care services. We are adding options to help you navigate through the fall.
If you have additional questions about your particular childcare needs, please discuss them with your supervisor. For additional information about Bright Horizons, click here.
ADDED! Fifteen (15) Extra Days of Back-Up Child Care
Available for a limited time use when your caregiver is suddenly unavailable or you’re working to identify an ongoing solution. These services may be accessed through the following programs:
- In-home care at a co-pay of $3/hour for a minimum of 4-hour (All ages)
- Center care at a co-pay of $15/day per child or $25/day per family (Ages 0 to 6)
- Out-of-network care provides a $100 reimbursement per use/day to assist with care you source yourself (a nanny, neighbor, family member or friend)
- Any combination of the above
These 15 extra child care days will only be available August 17, 2020 through October 31, 2020 to assist employees with transitioning this school year. Out-of-network care must be requested in advance of the care date, and you will need to validate care was provided afterward to receive the benefit. Out-of-network care requests can only be made through the Bright Horizons website, not the mobile app.
This extra benefit is in addition to the overall annual benefit of 15 days. For example, if you have not used your annual 15 days of child care, you now have 30 days total.
NEW! Enhanced Additional Family Supports Available August 28, 2020
- In-home “learning pods” for small groups or one child. This includes in-home care; nanny share; homework help and additional educational support. You can post a learning pod job for candidates to respond or browse sitters and educators that meet your child’s needs (Ages 5 to 18)
- A broad range of offerings for tutoring, test prep and enrichment classes from high-quality education partners. You’ll receive a discount of 20 percent off hourly rates, and 20-50 percent off select programs and subscriptions (Ages 5 to 18)
Bright Horizons Additional Family Care
Take advantage of a premium membership and find solutions for your entire family, children (0 - 12 years of age), older adults and pets.
Sign Up for Bright Horizons:
- Download the Bright Horizons mobile app by searching for “Back-Up Care” in the App Store or on Google Play
- Or go to the dedicated Bright Horizons UCM site
- When prompted, enter: Employer Username: UChicagoMedicine Password: Benefits4You
- Bright Horizons Information (PDF)
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Care FAQ (PDF)
Perspectives Ltd. — Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Partner
Our Employee Assistance Program partner Perspectives can help you find a trusted childcare provider in your area.
Go to the Perspectives website (www.perspectivesltd.com). Login (username: UCH001, password: perspectives). Click on the “Locators” tile at the bottom of the page to locate partners.