LinkedIn ranks UChicago Medicine among top 25 workplaces in Chicago
July 27, 2021
UChicago Medicine has been ranked No. 24 on the 2021 LinkedIn Top Companies: Chicago list, which recognizes top workplaces for professionals to grow their careers in the greater Chicago metropolitan area.
This is the first year LinkedIn has published a city edition of its list. Similar to their annual country-wide ranking, the city list is designed to be a resource for professionals at every stage of their career. LinkedIn ranks organizations based on seven metrics:
- Ability to advance: How employees get promoted both at the company and when they land a new position externally.
- Skills growth: How employees gain skills while employed at the company.
- Company stability: Attrition over the past year as well as percentage of employees that stay at the company at least three years.
- External opportunity: Recruiter outreach across employees at the company.
- Company affinity: Connections among employees within the company.
- Gender diversity: Gender parity within a company.
- Educational background: The variety of educational attainment among employees, from no degree to advanced degrees.
“We are honored to be selected, not only for providing opportunities that allow our employees to flourish, but also for creating an environment in which faculty and staff know they play a critical role in fulfilling our mission of excellence in patient care, community engagement, education and research,” said Bob Hanley, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. “Our employees deliver world-class care in a workplace where differing opinions are respected, thoughtful decision-making rewarded, and teamwork is commonplace.”
A full list of the rankings and more information about methodology can be found at: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-companies-2021-chicago-linkedin-news/