Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics
UChicago Faculty Physicians hold faculty positions with the University of Chicago and provide care for patients on the academic health system’s main campus in Hyde Park and in care centers throughout the Chicago region.Close
Dr. Guandalini's clinical and research efforts have greatly influenced the way celiac disease is diagnosed and treated today. His work contributed to the revision of 20-year-old guidelines for celiac disease diagnosis.
Dr. Guandalini created the University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center in response to the low rate of celiac disease detection in the United States. This innovative program is dedicated to patient care services, research, medical education and public awareness initiatives in order to increase the rate of celiac diagnoses and improve the lives of celiac patients. The Celiac Disease Center serves patients of all ages.
Dr. Guandalini is the past president of the Federation of International Societies for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. He was selected from a worldwide pool of candidates to be the first president of this federation.
Dr. Guandalini founded and has been the president of the North American Society for the Study of Celiac Disease.
He is also a widely recognized expert in probiotics and their effects in children and teenagers.
Dr. Guandalini has been ranked among America’s "Best Doctors" since 2008. In 2012, he received the prestigious title of "Master of Pediatrics" from the Italian Society of Pediatrics. In 2016, he published a "Textbook of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition."
UChicago Faculty Physicians who provide services at UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial are not employees or agents of UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial.
- University of Messina
- University of Massachusetts Memorial Health Care
- Naples Community Hospital
Memberships & Medical Societies
- American Gastroenterological Association
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- European Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Italian Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Society for Pediatric Research
- Federation of International Societies for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
To Request an AppointmentBook Online Powered by Zocdoc
Comer Children's Hospital - Hyde Park
UChicago Medicine at Ingalls - Flossmoor
To Refer a PatientRefer a Patient