Dr. Longman specializes in prenatal ultrasound, early fetal anatomic survey at 12-14 weeks, amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, noninvasive prenatal genetic testing, carrier screening, chromosomal microarray and fetal exome sequencing. He also has experience treating pregnant patients with connective tissue disorders.
Dr. Longman is the Director of the University of Chicago Medicine’s Fetal and Neonatal Care Center and leads a multidisciplinary team of specialists in diagnosing and treating complex fetal disorders. He also serves as Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology’s Genetics Program, which provides genetic testing and counseling for individuals with a familial history or other risk factors for developing gynecologic cancer.
As a nationally recognized geneticist, Dr. Longman is active in advancing research in his field. He is a sought-after lecturer, both nationally and internationally, and has published dozens of papers, review articles, and book chapters in ultrasound and genetics.
Areas of Expertise
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Gynecologic Cancer Genetic Testing
- Virtual Genetic Counseling for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Marfan Syndrome
- Ultrasound & Fetal Imaging
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Loeys-Dietz Syndrome
- Prenatal Diagnosis and Reproductive Genetics
- First Trimester Fetal Anatomy Imaging
- Gynecologic Ultrasound
- Noninvasive and Minimally Invasive Prenatal Diagnosis
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clinical Genetics and Genomics
- Jefferson Medical College
- Mount Sinai Medical Center; University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Ctrs.
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Ctrs.
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
Our list of accepted insurance providers is subject to change at any time. You should contact your insurance company to confirm UChicago Medicine participates in their network before scheduling your appointment. If your insurance company is not listed here, or if you have any other questions, please contact Managed.Care@uchospitals.edu.
Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine (DCAM) - Hyde Park
To Refer a PatientRefer a Patient