Clinical Associate of Psychiatry
UChicago Faculty Physicians hold faculty positions with the University of Chicago and provide care for patients on the academic health system’s main campus in Hyde Park and in care centers throughout the Chicago region.Close
Lisa Medalie, PsyD, CBSM, is a behavioral sleep medicine specialist. She specializes in treatment of chronic insomnia in adults and children. She uses evidence-based behavioral treatment, including Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for Insomnia (CBTI).
Dr. Medalie is formally trained and board certified in behavioral sleep medicine. She works with adults and families ready to implement behavioral change necessary to improve their sleep disturbance. Dr. Medalie also works with interns and fellows interested in behavioral sleep medicine training.
- American School of Professional Psychology
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Choice PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage Gold Plus HMO
- United Choice HMO (specialists only)
- University of Chicago Health Plan (UCHP)
Dr. Medalie talks to NPR about whether or not buying a new mattress is the answer to a better night's sleep.
Dr. Medalie is quoted in a Consumer Reports article about how to fall asleep the natural way.
How does the time change for daylight saving affect sleep habits? Dr. Medalie's comments in a Chicago Tribune article.
Insomnia specialist Dr. Medalie was featured in a segment on Living Healthy Chicago about how to get a good night's sleep. She also answered questions about sleep on WGN TV.
Dr. Medalie was a guest on The Dr. Oz Show, where she discussed how people can use their dreams to improve their health.
Forbes featured Dr. Medalie in an article about how to beat jet lag. Read her tips.
Dr. Medalie contributed to an article in Good Housekeeping about what goes on in the body while you sleep. Learn more.
To Request an AppointmentBook Online Powered by Zocdoc
Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine (DCAM) - Hyde Park
Comer Children's Hospital - Hyde Park
UChicago Medicine River East
To Refer a PatientRefer a Patient