Offering a Variety of Surgical Procedures
Our plastic surgeons, gynecologists and reconstructive urologists perform both bottom and top surgeries for transgender and gender-nonconforming patients, using minimally invasive techniques when possible.
Transmasculine (Female to Male) Procedures
UChicago Medicine surgeons are highly respected across the globe for the advances we've made in transmasculine genital procedures and have extensive experience in other procedures for transgender males.
- Mastectomy with removal of breasts
- Chest contouring to create a masculine appearance after a mastectomy
- Hysterectomy to remove the uterus and ovaries (oophorectomy)
- Phalloplasty, which involves removing the vagina (vaginectomy) and reconstructing the urethra and penis
- Penile prosthesis implantation to improve erectile capability
- Facial masculinization to give feminine faces a more masculine appearance
- Body contouring, including removing fat to create a masculine look
Transfeminine (Male to Female) Procedures
We provide a full range of transfeminine surgeries:
- Facial feminization, such as altering the chin, nose, cheeks, forehead, and other features to appear more feminine
- Breast augmentation with either fat grafting or implants
- Body contouring procedures, including fat transfers, to enhance a feminine shape