In cooperation with our pediatric surgeons, we offer a broad range of treatments to manage acute and long-term feeding and digestive problems. These therapies include:
- The latest medications for digestive problems, including novel treatments that are not available to the general public
- Therapeutic endoscopy procedures, including percutaneous gastrostomy tube placement
- Colonoscopy to remove polyps
- Sclerotherapy of esophageal varices, a treatment for bleeding in the esophagus
- Interventional radiologic procedures
- Minimally invasive surgery to correct gastroesophageal reflux disease, pyloric stenosis, and other anatomical disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
- Hypnosis for gastrointestinal functional disorders
- Espophageal dilation, used to stretch or open parts of the esophagus that have narrowed so children can swallow easily
For patients and families dealing with gastrointestinal disorders, we understand that proper nutrition is key to your child's continued health. Our nutrition specialists work with you and your family to understand exactly what your child should/should not be eating. Our goal is to promote healthy growth and development in your child, and we will continue to monitor and adapt dietary plans according to your child's needs.
Our nutritionists will provide a comprehensive dietary evaluation of your child, provide feeding and nutrition guidelines, and develop an individualized treatment plan that enables you to practice a healthy diet at home. These specialists will be an important part of your ongoing care team, and will provide educational support throughout your child's care.