Phase 1/2 Open Label, Multi-center, Dose-Escalation Study to Assess the Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of Orally Administered Fimepinostat (CUDC-907), a PI3K and HDAC Inhibitor, in Subjects With Refractory or Relapsed Lymphoma
This is a phase 1/2, open-label, dose-escalation study of fimepinostat (CUDC-907) in patients with relapsed and/or refractory lymphoma, relapsed and/or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), or high-grade B-cell lymphoma (HGBL) with or without MYC and BCL2 alterations. Fimepinostat (CUDC-907) is a multi-targeted agent designed to inhibit phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)and histone deacetylase (HDAC). The study is designed to assess the safety, the maximum tolerated dose, the recommended phase 2 dose (RP2D), pharmacokinetics and the anti-cancer activity of oral fimepinostat in combination with 1 or more anti-cancer regimens.
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
Subjects of ≥ 18 years of age with any of the following:
For Dose-Escalation cohorts:
- Fimepinostat + venetoclax: Histopathologically confirmed DLBCL or HGBL that is refractory to, or has relapsed after, treatment with at least 1 prior regimen
- Fimepinostat + rituximab + bendamustine: Histopathologically confirmed diagnosis of lymphoma (i.e., B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma [NHL], TCL, or HL) that is refractory to, or has relapsed after, treatment with at least 1 prior regimen.
For Dose-Expansion cohorts:
- Fimepinostat + venetoclax: R/R DLBCL or HGBL with both MYC and BCL2 alterations and/or overexpression (DHL, THL, or DEL) that is refractory to, or has relapsed after, 1 or more prior lines of therapy.
- Fimepinostat + rituximab + bendamustine: R/R DLBCL or HGBL that is refractory to, or has relapsed after, 1 or more prior lines of therapy
- Measurable disease by CT or PET/CT. MRI acceptable as per protocol.• Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 to 1.
- Recovery to Grade 1 or baseline of any toxicity due to prior systemic treatments (excluding alopecia).
- Absolute neutrophil count ≥ 1,000/µL; platelets ≥ 75,000/µL for patients with no bone marrow involvement by malignancy; platelets ≥ 50,000/µL for patients with bone marrow involvement by malignancy.
- Creatinine ≤ 1.5x upper limit of normal (ULN); total bilirubin ≤ 1.5x ULN; AST/ALT ≤ 2.5x ULN.
- Life expectancy of at least 3 months.
- Intention to undergo stem cell transplant or treatment with chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy.
- Systemic anti-cancer therapy or investigational agent within 3 weeks of study entry, except for nitrosoureas or mitomycin C (6 weeks).
- Other non-cytotoxic anti-cancer therapy or investigational agent within 5 half-lives or 21 days prior to study treatment, whichever is shorter, as long as any drug related toxicities have resolved to Grade 1 or less. Dexamethasone up to 12 mg/d is allowed as supportive therapy and does not exclude participation.
- Graft vs. host disease following prior allogeneic transplant within 3 months prior to study treatment.
- Ongoing treatment with chronic immunosuppressants.
- Active CNS lymphoma.
- Known gastrointestinal condition that would interfere with swallowing or the oral absorption or tolerance of fimepinostat.
- Serious infection requiring systemic antibiotic therapy within 14 days prior to study treatment.
- Uncontrolled or severe cardiovascular disease
- Unstable or clinically significant concurrent medical condition.
- Second primary malignancy within 2 years of study entry other than what is specified in the protocol.
- Known HIV positive, hepatitis B surface antigen-positive status, or known or suspected active hepatitis C infection.
- Active CMV infection, presence of CMV antigenemia, or evidence of any invasive CMV end organ disease (e.g., CMV colitis).