40 Years to 85 Years
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Males, aged 40 years to 85, who underwent a previous cancer-negative prostate biopsy
within 30 months of being scheduled for a repeat biopsy.
- The initial TRUS guided negative prostate biopsy must have collected a minimum of 10
tissue cores and sections from all prostate biopsy cores collected by the physician
must be submitted to MDxHealth in order to allow for full comprehensive
testing/evaluation of all the sections of the patient's prostate prior to the
scheduled repeat biopsy.
- Minimum tissue volume criteria of 20 microns of prostate biopsy core tissue is
available (40 microns preferable).
- Previous biopsy histology may include the presence of high-grade prostatic
intraepithelial neoplasia (HGPIN), proliferative inflammatory atrophy (PIA), glandular
inflammation, atypical small acinar proliferation (ASAP) or atypical cells.
- Tissue was extracted using standard TRUS guided biopsy core extraction (and not
transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP).
- Pre-DRE serum sample, pre-DRE plasma sample, and Post-DRE urine sample to be collected
in advance of the repeat biopsy. Samples can be collected within three months of the
scheduled repeat biopsy, up until the day of, but prior to, the procedure.
- Patient who has undergone previously testing by ConfirmMDx from the same biopsy
- Patients with prior diagnosis of prostate cancer in any previous biopsy.
- Patients with a limited life expectancy and generally not considered for a repeat
Tissue extracted using transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) procedures
- Patients with a history of cancer (except basal cell carcinoma)