18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Receiving ongoing, out-patient care at the University of Chicago Medical Center under
the routine care of a physician participating in this trial
- Life expectancy of at least 3 years
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be taking at least 1 (but not more than 6) prescription medications at the time
of enrollment OR be 65 years or older OR be reasonably expected to require the use of
a prescription medication within the next 5 years
- Patients with certain diseases, or likely to receive or be receiving certain drugs,
will be targeted particularly for enrollment in order to enrich the study for patients
likely to have pharmacogenetically relevant interactions, including, but not limited
- Patients requiring specialized cardiology care
- Patients with inflammatory bowel diseases
- Patients with systemic autoimmune or inflammatory diseases
- Patients requiring long-term oral anticoagulation
- Patients with hepatitis C
- Patients with non-metastatic cancer
- Patients with acute or chronic disease which could be reasonably expected to result in
the patient's death within the next 3 years.
- Patients who have undergone, or are being actively considered for, liver or kidney
- Inability to understand and give informed consent to participate.