A Phase Ib Multi-Cohort Trial of MK-3475 (Pembrolizumab) in Subjects With Hematologic Malignancies
The purpose of this trial is to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of pembrolizumab (MK-3475, KEYTRUDA®) in hematologic malignancies. The primary study hypotheses are that treatment with pembrolizumab will result in a clinically meaningful improvement in Objective Response Rate (ORR) or Complete Remission Rate (CRR). With Protocol Amendment 08, enrollment in the Multiple Myeloma arm (Cohort 2) has been completed and no further enrollment will be allowed and enrollment in the Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma arm (Cohort 5) has been discontinued and no further enrollment will be allowed.
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Has confirmed diagnosis of relapse or refractory Multiple Myeloma (enrollment completed), Primary mediastinal Large B cell Lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), Follicular Lymphoma, Diffuse Large B cell lymphoma (enrollment discontinued), Hodgkin lymphoma or Myelodysplastic syndrome (enrollment completed).
- Has measureable disease
- Has a performance status of 0 or 1 on the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Scale
- Demonstrates adequate organ function
- Prior therapy criteria must be met
- Is currently participating in and receiving study therapy or has participated in a study of an investigational agent or used an investigational device within 4 weeks of the first dose of study therapy
- Has undergone prior allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation within the last 5 years, has received a live vaccine within 30 days of planned start of study therapy, has received prior chemotherapy, targeted small molecule therapy, or radiation therapy within 2 weeks prior to study Day 1, received a monoclonal antibody within 4 weeks prior to study Day 1 or has not recovered from adverse events due to a previously administered agent
- Has known clinically active central nervous system (CNS) involvement
- Has a history of (non-infectious) pneumonitis that required steroids or current pneumonitis
- Has evidence of interstitial lung disease, active non-infectious pneumonitis, a known additional malignancy that is progressing or requires active treatment, an active infection requiring intravenous systemic therapy, an active autoimmune disease that has required systemic therapy, a known Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Hepatitis B (HBV), or Hepatitis C (HCV) infection
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding, or expecting to conceive or father children within the projected duration of the trial
- Has received prior therapy with an anti-programmed cell death 1 (anti-PD-1), anti-programmed cell death ligand 1 (anti-PD-L1), anti-PD-L2, anti-CD137, or anti-Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen-4 (CTLA-4) antibody (including ipilimumab or any other antibody or drug specifically targeting T-cell co-stimulation or checkpoint pathways)
- Has known symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, or cardiac arrhythmia