An Open-label Extension Trial of the Long Term Safety of Nintedanib in Patients With Progressive Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease (PF-ILD)
The main objective is to assess long term tolerability and safety of treatment with oral nintedanib in patients with Progressive Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease (PF-ILD) who have complete (and did not prematurely discontinue trial medication in) the phase III parent trial, INBUILD® (trial 1199.247).
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Male or female patients who completed the INBUILD® trial as planned and who did not prematurely discontinue blinded treatment.
- Signed and dated written informed consent in accordance with ICH-GCP and local legislation prior to admission to the trial.
- Women of childbearing potential (WOCBP)1 must continue to use highly effective methods of birth control per ICH M3 (R2) that result in a low failure rate of less than 1% per year when used consistently and correctly, as well as one barrier method, for 28 days prior to and 3 months after nintedanib administration. A list of contraception methods meeting these criteria is provided in the patient information
- Any disease that may put the patient at risk when participating in this trial. Reconsider carefully all exclusion criteria of the INBUILD® trial. However, patients may qualify for participation even though exclusion criteria may have been met during the course of participation in INBUILD®, if the investigator's benefit-risk assessment remains favourable.
- Patients who must or wish to continue the intake of restricted medications or any drug considered likely to interfere with the safe conduct of the trial
- Patient not compliant in parent trial (INBUILD®), with trial medication or trial visits, according to investigator's judgement.
- Previous enrolment in this trial.
- Lung Disease