16 Years to 75 Years
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Male or female participants >= 16 and <=75 years of age at Baseline
- Note: Adolescent participants at the age of 16 or 17 years old will be eligible to
participate if approved by the country or regulatory/health authorities.
Note: Adolescent participants at the age of 16 or 17 years old must weigh >=40 kilograms
and meet the definition of Tanner Stage 5 at the Screening Visit.
- Diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis (UC) for 90 days or greater prior to Baseline,
confirmed by colonoscopy during the Screening Period, with exclusion of current
infection, colonic dysplasia and/or malignancy. Appropriate documentation of biopsy
results consistent with the diagnosis of UC, in the assessment of the Investigator,
must be available.
- Active UC with an Adapted Mayo score of 5 to 9 points and endoscopic subscore of 2 to
- Demonstrated an inadequate response, loss of response, or intolerance to at lease one
of the following treatments including, oral aminosalicylates, corticosteroids,
immunosuppressants, and/or biologic therapies.
Note: Participants who have had inadequate response, loss of response to conventional
therapy but have not failed biologic therapy (Non-bio-IR) and have received a prior
biologic for up to 1 year may be enrolled, however they must have discontinued the biologic
for reasons other than inadequate response or intolerance (e.g., change of insurance, well
controlled disease), and must meet criteria for inadequate response, loss of response, or
intolerance as defined above.
- Female Participants of childbearing potential must have a negative serum pregnancy
test at the Screening Visit and a negative urine pregnancy test at the Baseline Visit.
- If female, participant must meet the contraception recommendation criteria.
- Participant with current diagnosis of Crohn's disease (CD) or diagnosis of
indeterminate colitis (IC).
- Current diagnosis of fulminant colitis and/or toxic megacolon.
- Participant with disease limited to the rectum (ulcerative proctitis) during the
- Received cyclosporine, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, or thalidomide within 30
days prior to Baseline.
- Participant who received azathioprine or 6-mercaptipurine (6-MP) within 10 days of
- Received intravenous corticosteroids within 14 days prior to Screening or during the
- Participant with previous exposure to Janus Activated Kinase (JAK) inhibitor (e.g.,
tofacitinib, baricitinib, filgotinib, upadacitinib).
- Screening laboratory and other analyses show any prespecified abnormal hematologic