18 Years to 99 Years
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
1. Men or women, ≥18 years of age.
2. Patient must be on a stable diet and statin* therapy at least 4 weeks prior to
randomization (Visit 2) and meet the following criteria:
1. LDL-C <100 mg/dL
2. TG level ≥180 and <500 mg/dL and HDL-C <42 mg/dL for men or HDL-C <47 mg/dL for
3. Patient is at high risk for a future cardiovascular event if at least one of the
following criteria (3a, 3b or 3c)* is present via patient history, physical exam, or
medical records at the time of screening:
1. Any atherosclerotic CVD as defined in protocol.
2. History of diabetes mellitus (type 1 or 2) and ≥40 years of age for men and ≥50
years of age for women, plus one of the risk factors defined in protocol.
3. Male patients >50 years of age or females >60 years of age, with at least one of
the risk factors defined in protocol.
Key Exclusion Criteria:
1. Allergy or intolerance to omega-3 carboxylic acids, omega-3 fatty acids, omega-3-acid
ethyl esters, or corn oil. 2.Use of fibrates, bile acid sequestrants, or niacin or its
analogues (>250 mg/day) within 4 weeks prior to Visit 2. 3.Statin naïve at Visit 1.