18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Patient is at least 18 years old.
- Patient has been diagnosed with symptomatic MM with measurable disease that includes
at least one of the following:
Serum M protein ≥ 1g/dl Urine M protein ≥ 200 mg/24 hrs Involved free light chain level ≥
10 mg/dl and an abnormal serum free light chain ratio (<0.26 or >1.65).
- The patient is a candidate for systemic therapy that includes an IMiD® (e.g.,
lenalidomide, pomalidomide, thalidomide) and/or proteasome inhibitor (e.g.,
bortezomib, carfilzomib) as part of the initial regimen.
- No more than 30 days from baseline bone marrow evaluation as per this protocol to
initiation of first-line therapy.
- Patient has read, understood and signed informed consent.
- Patient is already receiving systemic therapy for MM (a single dose of bisphosphonates
and up to 100 mg total dose of dexamethasone or equivalent corticosteroids are
permitted prior to registration on study).
- Patient had another malignancy within the last 5 years (except for basal or squamous
cell carcinoma, or in situ cancer of the cervix).
- Patient is enrolled in a blinded clinical trial for the first-line treatment of
multiple myeloma. Patients may be enrolled in subsequent clinical trials as long as
continued access to data and tissue, as per this protocol, is not prohibited.