18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Participants must have histologically documented NSCLC who present with Stage III
locally advanced, unresectable disease (International Association for the Study of
Lung Cancer Staging Manual in Thoracic Oncology
- Participants with tumor harboring an Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)
sensitizing (activating) mutation, Anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) translocation,
ROS-1 rearrangement are eligible.
- Participants must have adequate pulmonary function defined as a forced expiratory
volume in 1 second (FEV1) greater than equals to (>=) 1.2 liters or >= 50% of
predicted normal volume measured within 3 weeks prior to randomization.
- Adequate hematological, hepatic and renal function as defined in the protocol
- Contraceptive use by males or females will be consistent with local regulations on
contraception methods for those participating in clinical studies
- Participants with Mixed small cell with non-small cell lung cancer histology
- Recent major surgery within 4 weeks prior to entry into the study
- Significant acute or chronic infections including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
or known acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, Active hepatitis B virus (HBV) or
hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and active tuberculosis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease exacerbation or other respiratory illness
- Active autoimmune disease that has required systemic treatment in past 1 year (i.e.,
with use of disease-modifying agents, corticosteroids, or immunosuppressive drugs)
- Any prior systemic cytotoxic chemotherapy for their NSCLC or any antibody or drug
targeting T-cell coregulatory proteins