MRI Derived Quantitative Risk Maps for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Using Targeted Biopsy
The purpose of the proposed research is to test and validate an artificial intelligence-based Risk Map decision-support system (DSS) for prostate cancer Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) interpretation and identification of clinically significant tumor site(s).
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Patients with known or suspected prostate cancer who have been referred to the Department of Radiology at the University of Chicago Medical Center for a diagnostic MRI exam of the prostate, to be followed by an MRI-guided fusion biopsy of the prostate.
- Written informed consent.
- Patients incapable of giving informed written consent;
- Patients who cannot adhere to the experimental protocols for any reason, or have an inability to communicate with the researcher;
- Patients with psychiatric disorders that affect their ability to consent for themselves will be excluded and not the entire population of patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Minor children (under the age of 18 years old).