A Phase 1 Dose-Escalation and Phase 2 Randomized, Open-Label Study of Nivolumab and Veliparib in Combination With Platinum Doublet Chemotherapy in Subjects With Metastatic or Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
This study seeks to establish the recommended Phase 2 dose (RPTD) of veliparib in combination with nivolumab and platinum doublet chemotherapy (carboplatin/paclitaxel or carboplatin/pemetrexed) (Phase 1 portion) and to assess whether the addition of nivolumab to veliparib in combination with platinum doublet chemotherapy results will improve progression free survival (PFS) compared to veliparib with platinum doublet chemotherapy alone in participants with metastatic or advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) (Phase 2 portion).
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Participant must have a life expectancy greater than 12 weeks,
- Participant must have cytologically or histologically confirmed Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC).
- Participant must have metastatic or advanced NSCLC (Stage IIIB or IV) that is not amenable to surgical resection or radiation or chemoradiation with curative intent at time of study screening.
- Participant must have at least 1 unidimensional measurable NSCLC lesion on a computed tomography (CT) scan as defined by Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) (version 1.1).
- Participant must have resolution to Grade 1 or lower of any toxic effects (excepting alopecia) of the most recent therapy prior to Cycle 1 Day 2.
- Participant must have an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Score of 0 to 1.
- Participant must have adequate bone marrow, renal, and hepatic function.
- Participant has received prior cytotoxic chemotherapy (including chemotherapy in combination with radiotherapy) for NSCLC, except for adjuvant or neoadjuvant therapy accompanied by surgery with curative intent that was completed one year prior to Cycle 1 Day -2.
- Participant has received prior therapy with a Poly-(ADP-ribose)-Polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
- Participant has received prior treatment with any anti-programmed cell death protein-1 (anti-PD-1), or PD Ligand-1 (PD-L1) or PD Ligand-2 (PD-L2) agent or an antibody targeting other immunoregulatory receptors or mechanisms.
- Participant has received radiation therapy to lung greater than 30 Gy within 6 months, or antineoplastic biologic therapy within 21 days, or major surgery within 21 days, or tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy within 7 days, or palliative radiation within 7 days of the first dose of study medication.
- Participant has untreated central nervous system (CNS) metastases.