A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase 2 Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of a Vaccine, ASP0113, in Cytomegalovirus (CMV)-Seronegative Kidney Transplant Recipients Receiving an Organ From a CMV-Seropositive Donor
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of ASP0113 compared to placebo in reducing the incidence of cytomegalovirus (CMV) viremia in CMV-seronegative subjects receiving a kidney from a CMV-seropositive donor. This study will also evaluate the safety of ASP0113 in this patient population.
Subjects will be followed for 4.5 years after completion of the primary study to assess long-term safety of the vaccine.
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- CMV negative subject having received a CMV seropositive kidney (living or deceased)
- Subject started valganciclovir or ganciclovir within 10 days of transplant and has received it through Randomization.
- Subject is planned to undergo a course of CMV-specific prophylactic therapy with antiviral drugs with a duration of greater than 100 days.
- Subject has received from one month prior to transplant or is planning to receive CMV immunoglobulin.
- Subject has had CMV viremia or CMV disease from time of transplant until time of Randomization.