16 Years to 81 Years
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Participants and/or their parent or legally authorized representative must have an
understanding, ability, and willingness to fully comply with study procedures and
- Participants must be able to voluntarily provide written, signed, and dated
(personally or via a legally authorized representative) informed consent and/or
assent, as applicable, to participate in the study.
- Participants must have completed the 12-week induction treatment period (SHP647-301
[NCT03259334] and SHP647-302 [NCT03259308]).
- Participants must have achieved clinical response in induction study (SHP647-301
[NCT03259334] and SHP647-302 [NCT03259308]). Clinical response is defined as:
1. A decrease from the induction study (SHP647-301 [NCT03259334] and SHP647-302
[NCT03259308]) baseline in the composite score of patient-reported symptoms using
daily e-diary and centrally read endoscopy of at least 2 points and at least 30
percent (%), with an accompanying decrease in the subscore for rectal bleeding
greater than or equal to (>=)1 point or a subscore for rectal bleeding less than
or equal to (<=) 1 OR
2. A decrease from the induction study (SHP647-301 [NCT03259334] and SHP647-302
[NCT03259308]) baseline in total Mayo score of at least 3 points and at least
30%, with an accompanying decrease in the rectal bleeding subscore of at least 1
point or an absolute rectal bleeding subscore of 0 or 1.
For eligibility assessment, clinical response will be determined based on the centrally
read endoscopy performed during screening and at Week 12 of induction study (SHP647-301
[NCT03259334] and SHP647-302 [NCT03259308]).
- Participants receiving any treatment(s) for ulcerative colitis (UC) are eligible
provided they have been, and are anticipated to be, on a stable dose for the
designated period of time.
- Participants who had major protocol deviation(s) (as determined by the sponsor) in
induction study (SHP647-301 [NCT03259334] and SHP647-302 [NCT03259308]).
- Participants who permanently discontinued investigational product because of an
adverse event (AE), regardless of relatedness to investigational product, in induction
study (SHP647-301 [NCT03259334] and SHP647-302 [NCT03259308]).
- Participants who are likely to require surgery for UC during the study period.
- Participants are females who became pregnant during induction study (SHP647-301
[NCT03259334] and SHP647-302 [NCT03259308]), females who are planning to become
pregnant during the study period, or males or females of childbearing potential not
agreeing to continue using appropriate contraception methods through the conclusion of
- Participants who do not agree to postpone donation of any organ or tissue, including
male participants who are planning to bank or donate sperm and female participants who
are planning to harvest or donate eggs, for the duration of the study and through 16
weeks after last dose of investigational product.
- Participants who, in the opinion of the investigator or the sponsor, will be
uncooperative or unable to comply with study procedures.
- Participants who have a newly diagnosed malignancy or recurrence of malignancy (other
than resected cutaneous basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or carcinoma in
situ of the uterine cervix that has been treated with no evidence of recurrence).
- Participants who have developed any major illness/condition or evidence of an unstable
clinical condition (example [eg], renal, hepatic, hematologic, gastrointestinal
(except disease under study), endocrine, cardiovascular, pulmonary, immunologic [eg,
Felty's syndrome], or local active infection/infectious illness) that, in the
investigator's judgment, will substantially increase the risk to the participant if he
or she participates in the study.
- Participants with any other severe acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition
or laboratory or electrocardiogram (ECG) abnormality that may increase the risk
associated with study participation or investigational product administration or may
interfere with the interpretation of study results and, in the judgment of the
investigator, would make the participant inappropriate for entry into this study.
- Participants with known exposure to Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) since testing at
screening in induction study (SHP647-301 [NCT03259334] and SHP647-302 [NCT03259308])
and who are without a generally accepted course of treatment.
- Participants who are investigational site staff members or relatives of those site
staff members or participants who are sponsor employees directly involved in the
conduct of the study.
- Participants who are participating in or plan to participate in other investigational
studies (other than induction study) during study (SHP647-301 [NCT03259334] and