A Phase1-2 Pharmacokinetic Guided Dose-Escalation and Dose-Confirmation Study of ASTX727, a Combination of the Oral Cytidine Deaminase Inhibitor (CDAi) E7727 With Oral Decitabine in Subjects With Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
This 2-stage, open-label study will evaluate safety and pharmacokinetics of ASTX727, as well as determine the dose for the study's second stage. In the second stage the selected dose will be confirmed and evaluated for clinical activity, including response rate.
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- IPSS low, intermediate -1, intermediate-2, or high risk MDS (including CMML) in Dose Escalation and Dose Confirmation-Randomization; only intermediate-2, or high risk MDS in Dose Confirmation-Open Label
- ECOG 0 to 2
- No major surgery within 2 weeks of starting study treatment
- No cytotoxic chemotherapy within 2 weeks of starting study treatment
- Able to swallow pills
- Previous treatment with 2 or more courses of decitabine (all stages) or azacitidine (Dose Confirmation stage only)
- Treatment with investigational therapy within 2 weeks of study treatment
- Uncontrolled medical disease(s) or active, uncontrolled infection
- Diagnosed with AML
- Active uncontrolled gastric or duodenal ulcer
- Known history of HIV or hepatitis C or B