Phase 2/3 Trial to Evaluate Margetuximab in Combination With INCMGA00012 and Chemotherapy or MGD013 and Chemotherapy in Patients With Metastatic or Locally Advanced, Treatment-naïve, HER2-Positive Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer
This is a Phase 2/3, randomized, open-label study for the treatment of patients with HER2-positive Gastric cancer (GC) or Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ) cancer to determine the efficacy of margetuximab combined with INCMGA00012 (also known as MGA012) (Cohort A) and margetuximab combined with INCMGA00012 or MGD013 and chemotherapy compared to trastuzumab combined with chemotherapy (Cohort B).
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Histologically confirmed diagnosis of previously untreated locally advanced unresectable or metastatic HER2+ GC or GEJ adenocarcinoma
1. Cohort A: HER2-positive (by IHC 3+) and PD-L1-positive (by IHC with 22C3 CPS ≥ 1%), and non-MSI-H per central review
1%), and non-MSI-H per central review
2. Cohort B: HER2-positive (by IHC 3+ or IHC 2+ in combination with FISH+) by local review. PD -L1 status is not required for enrollment.
- Availability of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumor specimen, unstained slides or contemporaneous biopsy for tumor target testing
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status of 0 or 1, verified within 3 days of Day 1
- Life expectancy ≥ 6 months
- At least one radiographically measurable target lesion
- Acceptable laboratory parameters and adequate organ function
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Other malignancy that is progressing or required treatment within the past 5 years, with certain exceptions
- Patients with MSI-H status by central test in Cohort A, or patients with known MSI-H status in Cohort B
- History of allogeneic stem cell or tissue/solid organ transplant
- Central nervous system metastases
- Clinically significant cardiovascular disease, gastrointestinal disorders, pulmonary compromise
- Prior neoadjuvant or adjuvant treatment with immunotherapy