18 Years to 65 Years
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Have a length of disease duration since Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (PMS) disease
symptom onsent <= 10 years if baseline Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) <=5.0
and <=15 years if baseline EDSS >5.0
- Have experience of having used a smartphone and connecting a smartphone to Wi-Fi
- For women of childbearing potential: agreement to use an acceptable birth control
method during the treatment period and for at least 6 months after the last dose of
- EDSS (Expanded Disability Status Scale) ≤6.5 at screening
- Have a documented evidence of disability progression independent of relapse at any
point in time over the 2 years prior to the screening visit. In case relapse(s) have
occurred in the last 2 years, disability progression will have to be considered as
independent of relapse activity as per treating physician's judgment
- Gadolinium (Gd) intolerance
- Known presence of other neurological disorders Exclusions Related to General Health
- Any concomitant disease that may require chronic treatment of systemic corticosteroids
or immunosuppressants during the course of the study
- History or currently active primary or secondary immunodeficiency
- Lack of peripheral venous access
- Hypersensitivity to ocrelizumab or to any of its excipients
- Significant or uncontrolled somatic disease or any other significant disease that may
preclude participant from participating in the study.
- Active infections must be treated and resolved before possible inclusion in the study.
- Participants in a severely immunocompromised state until the condition resolves
- Participants with known active malignancies or being actively monitored for recurrence
- Participants who have or have had confirmed progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
Exclusions Related to Medications
- All vaccines should be given at least 6 weeks before the first infusion of
ocrelizumab. Live/live attenuated vaccines should be avoided during treatment and
safety follow-up period until B cells are peripherally repleted.
- Treatment with any investigational agent within 24 weeks of screening (Visit 1) or
five halflives of the investigational drug (whichever is longer) or treatment with any
experimental procedures for MS
- Previous treatment with B-cell targeted therapies, alemtuzumab, total body
irradiation, or bone marrow transplantation
- Previous treatment with natalizumab, daclizumab or figolimod in the last 8 weeks.
- Previous treatment with natalizumab where PML has not been excluded according to
- Participants previously treated with teriflunomide, unless an accelerated elimination
procedure is implemented until its completion before screening visit
- Previous treatment with azathioprine, cyclophosphamide, mycophenolate mofetil or
methotrexate in the last 12 weeks.
- Previous treatment with mitoxantrone, cyclosporine or cladribine in the last 96 weeks.
- Contraindications to or intolerance of oral or intravenous (IV) corticosteroids,
including methylprednisolone administered IV, according to the country label
- Treatment with fampridine/dalfampridine (Fampyra)/Ampyra) or other symptomatic MS
treatment unless on stable dose for ≥30 days prior to screening.