Cook IVC Filter Study
This prospective, multicenter, single-arm clinical study will further evaluate the safety and effectiveness of Cook's permanent and retrievable inferior vena cava (IVC) filters (specifically, the Günther Tulip® Vena Cava Filter and Cook Celect® Vena Cava Filters) in patients in need of temporary or permanent IVC filter placement for the prevention of pulmonary embolism.
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Requires temporary or permanent IVC filter placement for the prevention of PE
- Less than 18 years of age
- Allergy or sensitivity to device materials or contrast medium
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant in the next 12 months
- Patient refuses blood transfusions
- At risk of septic embolism
- Life expectancy less than 12 months
- Existing IVC filter
- Duplicate IVC
- Anatomy that would prevent safe filter placement (e.g., condition of access vessels)
- IVC diameter > 30 mm or < 15 mm