A Phase 2 Study of Lisocabtagene Maraleucel (JCAR017) as Second-Line Therapy in Adult Patients With Aggressive B-cell NHL (017006)
This is a Phase 2, open-label, multicenter study to determine the efficacy and safety of lisocabtagene maraleucel (JCAR017) in adult subjects who have relapsed from, or are refractory to, a single line of immunochemotherapy for aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) and are ineligible for hematopoietic stem cell transplant (based on age, performance status, and/or comorbidities). Subjects will receive treatment with lisocabtagene maraleucel and will be followed for 2 years for safety, pharmacokinetics and biomarkers, disease status, quality of life, and survival.
18 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- Confirmation of relapsed or refractory aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma of the following histology at relapse: diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), not otherwise specified (NOS; de novo or transformed follicular lymphoma [tFL]), high-grade B-cell lymphoma with MYC and BCL2 and/or BCL6 rearrangements with DLBCL histology (double/triple hit lymphoma [DHL/THL]), and follicular lymphoma Grade 3B per WHO 2016 classification
- Previous treatment must include treatment with a single line of chemoimmunotherapy containing an anthracycline and a CD20-targeted agent
- Subjects must be deemed ineligible for both high-dose chemotherapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplant (based on age, performance status and/or comorbidities) while also having adequate organ function for CAR T cell treatment.
- Positron emission tomography (PET)-positive disease
- Histological confirmation of diagnosis at last relapse. Enough tumor material must be available for central confirmation of diagnosis, otherwise a new tumor biopsy is mandated.
- ECOG performance status of 0, or 1, or 2
- Adequate vascular access for leukapheresis procedure (either peripheral line or surgically-placed line)
- Subjects must agree to use appropriate contraception
- Subjects must agree to not donate blood, organs, semen, and egg cells for usage in other individuals for at least 1 year following lymphodepleting chemotherapy
- Subjects with central nervous system (CNS)-only involvement by malignancy (note: subjects with secondary CNS involvement are allowed on study)
- History of another primary malignancy that has not been in remission for at least 2 years.
- Previous treatment with CD19-targeted therapy, with the exception of prior lisocabtagene maraleucel treatment in this protocol for subjects receiving retreatment
- Active hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection at the time of screening
- History of or active human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection at the time of screening
- Uncontrolled systemic fungal, bacterial, viral or other infection despite appropriate antibiotics or other treatment at the time of leukapheresis or lisocabtagene maraleucel administration
- History of any one of the following cardiovascular conditions within the past 6 months: Class III or IV heart failure as defined by the New York Heart Association, cardiac angioplasty or stenting, myocardial infarction, unstable angina, or other clinically significant cardiac disease
- History or presence of clinically relevant CNS pathology
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Subject does not meet protocol-specified washout periods for prior treatments
- Prior hematopoietic stem cell transplant
- Progressive vascular tumor invasion, thrombosis, or embolism
- Venous thrombosis or embolism not managed on stable regimen of anticoagulation
- Uncontrolled medical, psychological, familial, sociological, or geographical conditions