A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-blind Study of Adjuvant Immunotherapy With Nivolumab Versus Ipilimumab After Complete Resection of Stage IIIb/c or Stage IV Melanoma in Subjects Who Are at High Risk for Recurrence (CheckMate 238: CHECKpoint Pathway and nivoluMAb Clinical Trial Evaluation 238)
The purpose of this study is to determine whether nivolumab is better than ipilimumab to prevent recurrence of melanoma.
15 Years and up
Accepting Healthy Volunteers?
- At least 15 years of age Except: where local regulations and/or institutional policies do not allow for subjects < 18 years of age (pediatric population) to participate. For those sites, the eligible subject population is ≥ 18 years of age
- Completely removed melanoma by surgery performed within 12 weeks of randomization
- Stage IIIb/C or Stage IV before complete resection
- No previous anti-cancer treatment
- Ocular or uveal melanoma
- History of carcinomatosis meningitis
- History of auto-immune disease
- Treatment directed against the resected melanoma that is administrated after the surgery
Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria apply