The University of Chicago Medicine serves hundreds of patients from more than 75 countries around the world. While our medical team provides world-class clinical care for international patients, the International Program offers customized services to meet their cultural, religious and linguistic needs.
Customized Patient Coordination
Our bilingual and culturally diverse team is dedicated to meeting our patients medical and non-medical needs, serving as a single point of contact before, during and after their experience at UChicago Medicine. Our priority is to help patients through their health care journey and make Chicago feel as close to home as possible, which is why we have a wide range of amenities and services, including:
- Pre-intake preparation before arrival to Chicago
- Clinical triage and management of care by experienced medical directors
- Scheduling medical appointment
- Escort patients to medical appointments
- Medical interpretation for over 50 languages
- Arranging equipment and/or home care
- Follow-up appointment(s) scheduling
- Assisting with medical records
- Medication consolidation and prescription delivery to hotel/apartments in Chicago
- Discharge planning and continuity of care with home country physicians
For non-clinical needs, our Guest Services Unit provides personalized services based on individual preferences. Our goal is to ensure you get the care you need and deserve. Some of distinguished services include:
- Personalized meet and greet at the airport for patients regardless of the arrival time
- Complimentary private airport pickup/drop off
- Complimentary private transportation to/from each medical appointment
- Assistance with daily tasks such as opening a bank accounts, obtaining cell phone services and more
- Lodging arrangements with local hotels, apartments and corporate units at discounted rates
- International primary care clinic for international patients and their companions
- International patient lounge in downtown Chicago that features a range of amenities
- Assistance with cultural orientation
- Concierge services for dining and entertainment
UChicago Medicine International Program
5758 S. Maryland Avenue, MC 9040, RM 1405
Chicago, IL 60637 USA
Please complete this secure form. The information you provide will enable us to assist you as efficiently as possible. A representative will contact you within 24 hours to help you schedule an appointment.
Please note that electronic request form is not for same- or next-day appointments. If you prefer to speak to someone directly, please call +1-773-702-0506. If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, please call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately.
* Required Field
International Program Articles
May 22, 2015: China Century Group and the University of Chicago Medicine signed an exclusive agreement Thursday to improve health care delivery in China by bringing international standards and best practices to hospitals across the country.