[MUSIC PLAYING] Hello, everyone. Greetings from University of Chicago Medicine International Programs. All of you must have been through a very tough time these days, due to COVID-19. This pandemic has changed our daily life completely and posed multiple challenges and uncertainties. However, in a time like this, the clinical teams at University of Chicago Medicine remains committed to taking care of you and your family with the most advanced high-quality care in a safe environment.
To address this pandemic safely and effectively, our clinician experts have created multiple clinical pathways and systems specifically for COVID-19 to ensure that we continue to provide medically necessary, time sensitive care to all our patients while keeping everyone safe. Since March 1, our clinical teams have successfully performed more than 25 lifesaving organ transplants, 750 medically necessary procedures, and 450 emergent trauma activations in the middle of this global crisis.
I'm happy to share with you that now our doors are reopened to receive patients seeking clinical care at our medical center. As we fully reopen our medical services, we have implemented a number of additional safety precautions to ensure you are safe with us. These precautions include routine COVID-19 testing for all our incoming patients, real-time monitoring of infection status, required face masks in all clinical areas, social distancing in the waiting rooms, and sufficient personal protective equipment for all our health care workers.
All of these are to ensure that we taking care of you and your family in the safest way possible. In the meantime, our experts will continue to offer remote second opinion and video consultations so we can access their expertise from home. Our commitment to patient safety and care quality have been recognized nationally. We are one of the only 32 hospitals in the United States that have earned 17 consecutive A's in a patient safety rating by Leapfrog Group.
I'm proud to say that University of Chicago Medicine is one of the nation's safest hospital. Additionally, our multilingual team at the Office of International programs will provide personalized services around the clock. We ensure that your experience with us is a safe, comforting, and stress-free. Because your health is our priority, our dedicated teams are here to support you throughout your stay at University of Chicago Medicine. We are all in this together. Please know that you are not alone. Thank you, and stay safe.
The University of Chicago Medicine serves hundreds of patients from more than 75 countries around the world. While our medical team provides world-class clinical care for international patients, the International Program offers customized services to meet their cultural, religious and linguistic needs.
Customized Patient Coordination
Our bilingual and culturally diverse team is dedicated to meeting our patients medical and non-medical needs, serving as a single point of contact before, during and after their experience at UChicago Medicine. Our priority is to help patients through their health care journey and make Chicago feel as close to home as possible, which is why we have a wide range of amenities and services, including:
- Pre-intake preparation before arrival to Chicago
- Clinical triage and management of care by experienced medical directors
- Scheduling medical appointment(s)
- Escort patients to medical appointments
- Medical interpretation for over 50 languages
- Arranging equipment and/or home care
- Follow-up appointment(s) scheduling
- Assisting with medical records
- Medication consolidation and prescription delivery to hotel/apartments in Chicago
- Discharge planning and continuity of care with home country physicians
For non-clinical needs, our Guest Services Unit provides personalized services based on individual preferences. Our goal is to ensure you get the care you need and deserve. Some of our distinguished services include:
- Personalized meet and greet at the airport for patients regardless of the arrival time
- Complimentary private airport pickup/drop off
- Complimentary private transportation to/from each medical appointment
- Assistance with daily tasks such as opening a bank accounts, obtaining cell phone services and more
- Lodging arrangements with local hotels, apartments and corporate units at discounted rates
- International primary care clinic for international patients and their companions
- International patient lounge in downtown Chicago that features a range of amenities
- Assistance with cultural orientation
- Concierge services for dining and entertainment
UChicago Medicine International Program
5758 S. Maryland Avenue, MC 9040, RM 1405
Chicago, IL 60637 USA
Please complete this secure form. The information you provide will enable us to assist you as efficiently as possible. A representative will contact you within 24 hours to help you schedule an appointment.
Please note that electronic request form is not for same- or next-day appointments. If you prefer to speak to someone directly, please call +1-773-702-0506. If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, please call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately.
* Required Field