We are committed to providing the best treatment options and personalized services for international patients who come to the University of Chicago Medicine. Our expert physicians treat everything from common illnesses to the most complex conditions for adults and children. We offer a full spectrum of specialty care, including eight clinical centers of excellence:
Centers of Excellence
UChicago Medicine's Comprehensive Cancer Center is committed to exploring and developing innovative ways to prevent and reduce cancer’s devastating effects through a collaborative research program. With over 200 cancer specialists, leading-edge research, and new and better treatments, we’re attacking cancer from every angle.
Why Choose Us For Cancer Care
- Ranked as one of the best cancer programs in the United States by U.S. News & World Report
- The first site in Illinois to be certified for FDA-approved CAR T-cell therapies for specific blood cancers in both adult and pediatric patients
- Performs more than 150 bone marrow/stem cell transplants annually
- One of the few hospitals in the world that offers HIPEC (or Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) for both adult and pediatric patients
- One of the first medical centers in the nation to offer focal therapies (MRI-guided laser ablation and high-intensity focused ultrasound, or HIFU) for early stage prostate cancer
- 90 percent of our urologic abdominal surgeries are performed using robotic/laparoscopic techniques
UChicago Medicine has some of the nation's best minds in cardiology, cardiac surgery and vascular surgery. We are known for our expertise in complex conditions and boast nationally acclaimed bloodless cardiac surgery and robotic heart surgery programs.
Why Choose Us For Heart & Vascular
- One of the most experienced heart transplant surgeons in the world
- One of the most experienced multi-organ heart transplant programs in the world
- Heart transplant survival rates are among the nation's best
- Perform more than 150 robotic heart surgeries annually
- One of the most experienced epicardial ablation physicians in the world
Why Choose Us For Transplantation
- A world leader in multi-organ transplant for the sickest patients
- The first hospital in the world to perform back-to-back triple organ transplants within 24 hours
- Performed the first successful living-donor liver transplantation in the world
- One of the few centers offering liver autotransplant for tumors in hard-to-reach locations
- Performed the first heart-liver-kidney transplant in Illinois
UChicago Medicine' neuroscience program has assembled a team of neurological experts highly skilled in evaluating and treating even the most complex and challenging nervous system disorders. Our physicians have demonstrated expertise in helping patients considered untreatable at other hospitals.
Why Choose Us For Neuroscience
- Performs hundreds of brain and spine tumor operations every year with image-guided minimally invasive laser ablation and a variety of radiation therapies
- Recognized as a Level 4 Center by the National Associate of Epilepsy Centers
- Nation’s first Center of Excellence for Cerebral Cavernous Malformations (CCM)
- One of the first hospitals to treat Parkinson’s disease with drug pumps and spinal and brain electrodes
- Extensive experience performing deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery
Pediatric Clinical Highlights
- One of the few centers in the Unites States to offers I131-MIBG therapy to neuroblastoma patients
- The first site in Illinois to be certified in CAR T-cell Therapy for adult and pediatric patients
- One of the most comprehensive celiac centers for pediatric patients in the world
- Performed the first two pediatric robotic mitral valve repairs in the world
- Performed the world’s first pediatric robotic bladder reconstruction
UChicago Medicine has been at the forefront of digestive disease care since 1927, when our doctors created the nation’s first hospital-based gastroenterology department. Today, we provide care for all types of gastrointestinal conditions, including inflammatory bowel disease, liver disorders, esophageal, bile duct diseases and all forms of gastrointestinal cancers.
Why Choose Us For Digestive Disease
- A leading HIPEC program that treats otherwise incurable abdominal cancers and peritoneal malignancies
- Approximately 100 Whipple procedures performed for pancreatic cancer annually
- One of the few hospitals in the Unites States to offer total pancreatectomy with islet cell auto-transplantation
- One of the world’s top programs for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), treating Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Our program is ranked among the best digestive disorders programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
When injury or illness affects the musculoskeletal system, the experienced and skilled physicians at UChicago Medicine's orthopaedic surgery program offer the full spectrum of nonsurgical and surgical treatments. As recognized leaders and pioneers in orthopaedic medicine, we attract patients with complex musculoskeletal needs from around the region.
Why Choose Us For Orthopaedic Surgery
- Official medical partner of WNBA’s Chicago Sky
- One of our renowned othropaedic surgeons serves as the team physician for the Chinese men's and women's national volleyball team
- Expertise in robotic arm-assisted knee and hip replacement using Mako technology
- Performs minimally invasive transformational lumbar interbody fusions (MIS-TLIF)
- Highly experienced in ligament reconstruction and flexor tendon repairs for hand and wrist injuries
Why Choose Us For Women's Health
- Superior survival rate for ovarian cancer and highly experienced in HIPEC surgery
- One of few hospitals in the United States offering radical vaginal trachelectomy (RVT) for cervical cancer
- A leader in research and clinical care for triple-negative breast cancer
- Performs more than 200 transabdominal cervical cerclages a year to treat incompetent cervix
- A leader in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, including robotic gynecologic surgery
UChicago Medicine International Program
5758 S. Maryland Avenue, MC 9040, RM 1405
Chicago, IL 60637 USA
Please complete this secure form. The information you provide will enable us to assist you as efficiently as possible. A representative will contact you within 24 hours to help you schedule an appointment.
Please note that electronic request form is not for same- or next-day appointments. If you prefer to speak to someone directly, please call +1-773-702-0506. If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, please call your doctor or go to the emergency room immediately.
* Required Field